Tuesday, November 21, 2017

What are you Thankful for?

As I sit in the stillness of the morning, I began to pray for things, I want and need or feel like I need.

I didn't just pray for myself but I did ask God for a lot.

It wasn't until I began thanking him that I got peace. I got peace through worship with Him, through fellowship with Abba, father.

Many people I know are going through hard times right now, and it may be hard to find that thankful heart, but I want to ask you to reach deep down and find it because thankfulness and a heart of gratitude will change your attitude.

We get so overwhelmed by this world, this short life that is but a mist.  Have you ever thought about the insignificance of your life?  Probably not because we are so busy trying to make it significant. We strive to leave a legacy, a "name for ourselves", leave our mark on this world that we don't even realize how truly insignificant we are.

Some of us live in a state of depression because we lost something dear to us or someone,  all the while,  life is ticking by and God has something he wants you to do if you can come to terms with how short life really is for any of us. If you remember the story of Elisha and how he longed for Elijah to be there - he depended on him, yet he had to do ministry and life alone - God had something for Elisha to do that was very important and it did not involve Elijah.  Have you come to your Jordan alone and it's hard to be thankful?

Again, I want to ask you to dig down deep within your soul and think about this fleeting life and ask yourself, ask God, "what is it you want me to do ?"

I challenge you to start with a heart of Thanksgiving and see the amazing things he will show you.

I want to ask you to look at life from the perspective of how short it is, how little time we have here on earth but the weightier issue is eternity. We will be in eternity for much longer than this short life, what are you doing for eternity?

So as you go through this Thanksgiving Holiday, be thankful for this wonderful short life, but be cognizant of eternity even more so.  If you want to leave a mark on this current life, bless someone.  Be a help, encourage others, be the change you want in this world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcoming in 2023 Embracing the Patchwork Quilt

I clearly remember my Nanny telling me about the quilt she had for me. She explained how they would save their old dresses and cut it up int...