Saturday, March 26, 2016

Today I Wrote a Check to God

Today I wrote a check out to God. I gave him a partial payment. I was fearful I would not have enough money, so I only gave him what I thought I could afford.

I did not use my talents for fear of being made fun of, or being vulnerable to others...

I did not give him my time because that is mine.... I don't have enough of it as it is, so I chose to do some things good things to help me relax and I did not go to church, I did not go to Bible Study, because Lord, I am just too busy... I know I will find some down time and make my own Sabbath Lord, I will find some time this week to meditate on you......


As the day went on, and the weekend drew near, I ran out of money. I ran out of time and I abided in fear and anxiety, loosing sleep over troubles of this world, and I did not renew myself in God's word, with God's people or in prayer.....The nice neat budget that I planned out went bust,  and here I am stuck with a struggle, defeated and stressed.

Each and every day we rob God.... We put the "I" in it and often make our own destiny with our own hands..... a little thing called free will.....
Though free will is amazing, it creates choice where we have to be intentional about worship, service and love.
We must be intentional about what we give to God.

Do you rob God often? Are you living a life where you must have total control and are you selling God short?

You see, people that have money and people that don't both struggle with money, either the fear of not having enough or the fear of loosing what you have. Both situations can be very inhibiting, and binding. Trusting in God to take care of you,  whether you are rich or poor, and trusting him with your first fruits, your time, your thoughts, and your talents will only give you the freedom you so desire in this world.



Are you holding on so tight to control in your life, that you forget to give God control?

Have you ever put God on your payroll? Is your faith based on making sure all the check boxes are checked?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcoming in 2023 Embracing the Patchwork Quilt

I clearly remember my Nanny telling me about the quilt she had for me. She explained how they would save their old dresses and cut it up int...