Sunday, December 10, 2017

Grace and Mercy

In my early 20's I didn't really understand grace. I searched the scriptures and eventually realized what grace was when my father died.

Most people realize what grace is when you walk through a storm of life and God gives you the peace that surpasses all understanding.



Grace and Mercy 
In a World of darkness all around, I seek Him 
God is all powerful, omnipresent and omnipotent,
Though all the world looks dim. 

Today I thank God for the Grace to lift my head. 
The Grace to get out of bed. 
and the Grace to bow my head. 

I thank Him for the Mercy to hug my girls.
The Mercy to stand as my world whirls.
and the mercy to find hidden pearls.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcoming in 2023 Embracing the Patchwork Quilt

I clearly remember my Nanny telling me about the quilt she had for me. She explained how they would save their old dresses and cut it up int...