Saturday, October 28, 2017

The Natural Burden

I have a confession to make. Though I have read Habukkuk before, It never really resonated with me that much. 
It's funny how when scripture sticks out to you it is usually applicable to your life or involves a message that you need in your life right now. 

I was just talking to someone about how life is hard and trying my best to explain our place in this world in Jesus Christ, then I read Habukkuk 1.  He was asking God why did he have to see all the iniquity around him.
How long, O Lord, must I call for help?
    But you do not listen!
“Violence is everywhere!” I cry,
    but you do not come to save.

Must I forever see these evil deeds?
    Why must I watch all this misery?
Wherever I look,
    I see destruction and violence.
I am surrounded by people
    who love to argue and fight.

Often we get bogged down by the negativity in the world and fail to see the beauty in life, the gift we are given, the privilege to live. So many times we go off to soup kitchens and missions trips in search of meaning. We are feeding our own personal desires to help someone so that we can feel alive, and useful and blessed. These feelings are ok to have and it's good to help others. That's what God wants us to do. This is the very reason God allows us to see the bad, the hurt, the woe,  so that we can take action to be the light, be the hope, and to do what we can through him to make the world a better place. 

   
We often ask God why, but we are hardly ever really ready or willing to accept his answer. Often we know the answer but we refuse to accept it. 
He wants you to work for him, to live for him, to try your hardest with his help, to make the world a better place. 
The truth is within each one, the truth is in you. Why do you refuse to acknowledge it? 
Why do you refuse God? 
Life is simple we make it hard because we are so selfish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcoming in 2023 Embracing the Patchwork Quilt

I clearly remember my Nanny telling me about the quilt she had for me. She explained how they would save their old dresses and cut it up int...