Saturday, October 28, 2017

The New American Church



I think a majority of Americans that go to church really just want to belong to a nice big church with a feel good worship service and a feel good, tickle my ears message, so they can say they belong somewhere, they can feel (yeah I said feel) like they are participating, but in reality they are just wanting someone to feed them and give them something to make them Feel good, a box checked for the week, went to church sang praise and worship, got a message-" look at me, I feel good"

As you mature in life and in your Christianity,  you realize it isn't about feelings, it's about knowing.


So the bigger churches can give you what you want, and it's all about what you need right? Not what you can contribute or give or help with or serve. It's all about how can others serve me.  That's the world we live in, sad but true. Hiding in a large church will never give you true peace, and a close walk with God, that is up to you, it's most important to get involved in a life group or Bible study, and yes, being close with people can get messy, but it's what God wants if you read his word.

I was talking to someone the other day that is active in a mega church and guess what they have the same problems with getting volunteers as any church does. Most people just want to go and 'get fed' and not help, so does that mean we have a developmental problem with our people, yes, it does. Lot's of baby Christians and tweens that cannot seem to get to the stage where they are off the milk and actually working in the church, for the church and to further God's Kingdom. 
I came across a quote by CS Lewis the other day and I am sure that couples use it in weddings, and love and anniversary but I like to think about from God's perspective. " You have not chosen one another, but I have chosen you for one another." C.S. Lewis

You know you are where you are for a reason, there are people that have come into your life for a reason and I ask you today to search for that reason, to be willing to allow God to use you.
 Search your heart and ask yourself.  Did God put me here and who does he want me to love today, who has he put in my path to bless, to help,  to walk through this life with? I guarantee you it isn't some huge church so you can get lost in and hide.
If you are a  part of a large church, find community there. Get involved and ask God, what do you want me to do here, who do you want me to bless, who do you want me to walk through life with?
He made us for one another.... remember that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcoming in 2023 Embracing the Patchwork Quilt

I clearly remember my Nanny telling me about the quilt she had for me. She explained how they would save their old dresses and cut it up int...