Sunday, November 8, 2015

Live in the Moment

Recently, I was giving some advice to a dear friend that lost a child or miscarried.  She was saying how her life is not what she thought it would be at this point and how she thought she would just have a child by age 30 and her plan would go accordingly. My heart hurts for others as I am not lacking in the virtue of compassion, though I can be tough because life has made me that way, but I still have a big bleeding heart for others. Long story short, I have prayed for her and talked to her on several occasions and have given her the advice to "live in the moment" ....

Actually she said it one day and I was reminding her something that she said right after the miscarriage as she said that she felt better and would just live in the moment and enjoy this short time alone with her husband without children. Somehow though reality crept in and she was down again...

We cannot always live in the moment as there is a time and season for everything. But overall, if we spent less time looking to the future or crying about the past, there is more time to live in the moment. God does not want us to worry or to be sad, he wants us to trust him and live in faith that he has our lives in his hands, that whatever happens we love HIM enough to trust him. In the end,  isn't the ultimate goal to be with him in heaven and live forever?  
But I know, it's true, everyone wants to go to heaven but no body wants to die. Well the ultimate goal is to die and be with him .... So why worry about all that when that is what we were designed for......

But we do.... we just do...

But try more moment living, more being present, being accounted for, looking people in the eyes and being real.  Try it, I know I am.

 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12:2, ESV

I often will find myself getting down or blue when I dwell on either the future or the past. But when I live in the moment, I am the most happy.

They say a habit can be formed if you do the same thing for 45 days or more. So I have been practicing living in the moment so that it can become a habit !!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcoming in 2023 Embracing the Patchwork Quilt

I clearly remember my Nanny telling me about the quilt she had for me. She explained how they would save their old dresses and cut it up int...