Sunday, October 25, 2015

Being Content - In death

I cannot say that I am content in death.... Yes, I know it's better and a better place and it's gonna be wonderful with Christ, but as I have lost my father and other loved ones, I know the sting of death as well. I have seen others suffer with that sting, that loss, that hurt, and void. The questions with no answers. Is it possible to be be content in death?? Maybe.... I have heard those that speak of being content, those that suffer with cancer or other incorrigible disease and how they are so ready for death and they welcome it with open arms.. as it is relief to them. Look at Job in the Bible he begged to die. Paul was ready to die...

“Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord.”
2 Corinthians 5:8 NLT

Every soul longs to be with our Lord. We were created for him, so our soul longs for Him, that is why we struggle some with loneliness and voids if we do not know him and are not in fellowship with Him. 

I remember this song that said "Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die" now that has a couple of different meanings, but really no one wants to die literally but also no one wants to die to self and accept God as Lord over our lives.

Somehow it's hard to leave this world, it's hard to separate ourselves from this world and that is the whole answer to being content. The answer to being content..... is finding that wonderful balance of it all.

I have talked with a couple of women who are at risk of loosing their child and women that have lost a child and most struggle with it, but I have to say my niece told me once and it touched me to the core. Her daughter has a heart condition and really it's only by the grace of God she is alive each day. She was going for a test and I asked her how she felt about it, and she said" I know she is God's, she belongs to Him and I am only getting her for a little while...." I was like wow... such wisdom from such pain.  I know if something happened to her the mourning and pain would be hard, but such wisdom and comfort she has gotten for putting God in her life and in her beliefs and coping.

That is the bottom line...He, our heavenly Father promised a comforter would come, and has come when He went away in physical body, he sent that comforter for us. He is a living God and that heavenly spirit is the factor that helps us to be content in death.

I have been reminded recently of the pain of death and spoke with a very special person who has lost someone so dear. I was humbled by God's grace in it all. God is such a good God.


For to me to live is Christ but to die is gain. Phil 1:21...   v23..My desire is to depart for that is far better.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcoming in 2023 Embracing the Patchwork Quilt

I clearly remember my Nanny telling me about the quilt she had for me. She explained how they would save their old dresses and cut it up int...