Monday, October 5, 2015

Being Content on this Roller Coaster Called Life


That roller coaster of life. ..... yep ....so many ups and downs.

Being in the ministry, we get to see a lot of those ups and downs in peoples lives. Just being here in Florida for 2 years, I think of the things people have told us, the hurt we have seen and the joy. Such a roller coaster of sorts. I read an article once that most pastors have to be on some type of antidepressant medication because of the stress, and information that they are entrusted to from people.  The standards that are expected and I could go on and on, but it's a ....

A Roller Coaster.

 People come, people go. We love people and we love on people and share ourselves and just like any loss when they leave,  it hurts....Just as we have come and went out of peoples lives that we love and that love us.  I never thought I would live 8 hours away from my own mom. It has been a Roller Coaster for sure !

Again, as I said before, being content is not a state of current circumstance, it is a status of being whole through all of the ups and downs. It's knowing through everything that God is in control. He is bigger than all of this down here and putting him first will get you through many of the curves life throws at you.

I share Paul's quote again.

"Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me." (Phil 4:11-13, Holy Bible)

So I am learning to be content in whatever situation, people come people go, loss, heart ache, happy times, joy, sadness, hurt, and God is growing me through this roller coaster called life.....

Most days though the ride is pretty awesome !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcoming in 2023 Embracing the Patchwork Quilt

I clearly remember my Nanny telling me about the quilt she had for me. She explained how they would save their old dresses and cut it up int...