Friday, November 13, 2015

Flesh and Blood


"When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown, When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.  Isaiah 43:2
Have you ever been through trials? If you are living and breathing and on this earth, most likely you have been through some type of trial or struggle.

Having been through my fair share, I can say that I have never been left alone to struggle through all the bad. I have never been forsaken.  Sometimes I wonder is it because I chose Him or He chose me.

Then my mind is reminded probably a little of both as having Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior is a choice we make, being in fellowship with him is a relationship and all relationships require work.

The battle within us against spiritual and flesh will always try and tell you that you cannot have a relationship with someone that you cannot see or feel with a physical presence, but I beg to differ. You can.

We were created by our Creator to have that relationship. The flesh and spiritual being within us will always struggle unless we succumb to Him and submit to his higher power.

You don't always have to get to rock bottom to experience divine intervention. Sometimes that divine intervention just happens to ordinary good people, but we still have to make a choice. A choice for him and to follow him.


       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcoming in 2023 Embracing the Patchwork Quilt

I clearly remember my Nanny telling me about the quilt she had for me. She explained how they would save their old dresses and cut it up int...