Saturday, December 26, 2015

When you wake up on the floor

I don't know if you have ever slept on an air mattress, but many times  I have slept all night on an air mattress with some type of leak and usually you wind up on the floor, or severely deflated to the point of it feeling like you are sleeping on one of those exercise balls or a balloon or something un-natural when the moment you open your eyes, your body aches and you know that today is a new day.... a new day of aches and pains induced by a good ole mattress malfunction.

Well during this awesome holiday season, some of us will find ourselves on that wonderful air mattress.

This holiday season, after day two of this torture, I was complaining a little to my husband and secretly wondered if I was stuck in some Dystopian novel a story that has yet to be written.

He, being the Godly man that he is reminded me during this holiday season, that the deflating air mattress is still much better than what our Lord Jesus Christ lay on or his family. Of course I was humbled. We often talk about the birth of Christ and yeah, he was born in a manager (which is basically a feeding trough for animals), but we talk about it and don't relish it. When I say relish it, I mean really think about it. I am sure his family had aches and pains as they lay in the hay or whatever they had to lay their heads on. I am sure he being a baby did not care where he lay, but he was the King, Prince Of Peace, Savior, Lord, Hope, Wonderful Counselor, and he was born in a barn on some hay.

So I cannot complain about a deflating air mattress at Christmas and it muddy up my heart with a complaining spirit. I must think about Jesus Christ during this time, to replace that sludge in my heart with a heart of Thanksgiving, of hope, of appreciation for the one and ONLY Savior and Lord of my Life !!! I cannot possibly list all the ways he blesses me, he gives me hope, he changes my heart, he stills my heart, he warms my heart, but I do know that he is real, he is a living God that lives within me, and reminds me often of who HE is and who I am.

During this holiday season, though we may not have the comforts of home, we have Him, He is our home, and his love, his hope, and his spirit will guide us and comfort us. His light will give us warmth and hope and love that should fill our hearts.

Why? Because many do not understand, or get any of this, and sometimes we are the only light they see, and just like glass, we must let HIS light shine through us.

Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life." John 8:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcoming in 2023 Embracing the Patchwork Quilt

I clearly remember my Nanny telling me about the quilt she had for me. She explained how they would save their old dresses and cut it up int...