Monday, December 21, 2015

Not Good Enough

So, we had a great message on being good today.

As a Christ follower, I strive to be good, not because I think I must in order
 to go to heaven but because I feel that I should because I love Jesus Christ and want to be like him, not that I will ever meet that mark, but we are to strive.

But I am not good, I am never good enough to live up to God's standards, that is why he sent his son for me, for you and for all. Most religions concentrate on being good and how we are to be good..... but in reality we are not good. We were born in sin and into a sinful world. Children naturally lie without ever being taught to lie. We were born with a sin nature.

But one day God sent his Son so that We would not have to endure hell's flames, so that we could have a hope and redemption .......God sent his son for you and for me.

We live in a fallen world, with sin, hurt, and pain all around, but there is one promise that can be real this Christmas season and that is God sent his son for you.


It is by grace that we are allowed to live, that we are allowed to have free will and choose, it is grace.

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Mph 2:8-9

So how do we embrace life through the reality of not being good enough?

We embrace it through grace, through hope, through the knowledge and wisdom that God's promises are real and true and he loves us so much that he sent his Son, fully man, yet fully God to die for our sins.

So this Christmas, when you hear the blessed Christmas story and you open gifts and enjoy family, remember God loves you so much that though a sinner, though we can never be good enough, he made a way for us, a way to him through his Son, through Grace, through redemption.

You can have all of that today if you want it. Embrace life, Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior today !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcoming in 2023 Embracing the Patchwork Quilt

I clearly remember my Nanny telling me about the quilt she had for me. She explained how they would save their old dresses and cut it up int...