Monday, July 21, 2014

What is your purpose in life?

I have heard it said many times, "What is my purpose in life?" Well I can tell you one big purpose in life is that you are to give back to others... 
Your wisdom, your time, your things, your money, your help, your hope........ 

The harvest is ready.... the harvest is plenty.... what is your mission? Where is your heart? 

Are you consumed with yourself?  Have you ever tried reaching out to others? I don't mean "oh let me go and serve food at a soup kitchen" and you do that once a year and feel like you have done something great. I don't mean let me donate my used clothes to someone who needs them. No, i mean have you taken someone under your wing and discipled them? Not even conscientiously but have you invested in someone other than your own children ? No, I am not talking about a friend that you have fun with and get your nails done and go to the movies and have coffee with. I am talking about a meaningful, intentional relationship where you talk about life and spirituality and getting closer to Christ and having those intentional conversations about Jesus Christ and actually being accountable to someone for your walk, or their walk.  I am talking about that child or tween or teen that looks up to you and thinks you hung the moon and you walk right past them, and they are longing for  10 minutes of your time. I am talking about that young mom, young married adult, young career minded person who right now in their life,  they don't know how to do everything they need, or are suppose to do or want to do and they can't seem to balance it all-  They need discipling, they need your wisdom and knowledge.  How about that person that you kinda know, an acquaintance, that you don't really know because they are not cool enough for you, but you know they are hurting or their family member is hurting, what about the least you could do is send them a card?

ARE YOU ON HIS MISSION OR YOUR OWN? 

If your heart is aligned with HIS heart, your mission will be HIS mission. 

Step outside your comfort zone, reach out, reach in, find someone to love on, to pour into, to help, to talk to, to be accountable to-- because in the end, even when you think "you are helping someone" , at the end of the day, you realize.... oh they really helped me and you will find yourself getting closer to our Lord and Savior .... Why ? 
Because your mission will be HIS mission ----and what is His mission?  People !!!! 

"Our vision must align with His, so that our hearts will align with HIS"....... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcoming in 2023 Embracing the Patchwork Quilt

I clearly remember my Nanny telling me about the quilt she had for me. She explained how they would save their old dresses and cut it up int...