Friday, April 1, 2016

All those extra things....

I like Facebook and social media, I feel that it connects us to friends far and wide and family from a distance and it has great uses to push agendas and political views etc... but all in all it is a time stealer. I see so many events, concerts and other things that I would like to go to but cannot.

Being a Pastor's wife of a church plant is not an easy job in discerning balance of God first, family & church. 'Being all things to all people' is no easy feat, but it is an amazing journey for sure! 

I find it hard to just do the things I am suppose to do with my family and my girls, and my husband and my church and any thing extra is an extra thing. There are extra events that one must discern and weigh out what is the best use of my time. Who is this impacting, or helping or is it feeding my own selfish desires?. Is it giving me needed down time or escape from reality time? Is it constructive and beneficial?

I have started praying that God will help me use each and every minute of my time constructive and beneficial to His Kingdom.

One thing I learned from 2015 is that life is short, life is fragile and the sting of death hurts.


Make the time count, make the days count. Let the people around you know they are important and they are loved.

We live in a fast paced society and as technology increases, our lives will continue to go at a faster pace. We must hold on to the things that matter, hold your loved one's close, and invest in others.

The term providing for your family has many meanings, just remember that providing for your family is more than just clothes, food, and shelter. That weighs the most on me, not the physical, or material things, but the internal, the actions of Love,  the meaningful stuff.... Am I doing enough? Am I intentional enough? Am I covering it all ? Then I realize there is no way to cover it all. There will be something along the way my children blame me for and I will never be perfect, but when I feel that way, I go and sit at the feet of Jesus and I pray for His strength to guide me.  I realize " I can do all things through Him" Phil 4:13... and I go on and keep on keeping on....

"Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God." Rom 8:27
I will leave you with my devotion that spoke clearly to my heart this morning and hopefully it will to yours as well.

"We run ahead of Him in a thousand and one activities, consequently we get so burdened with persons and with difficulties that we do not worship God, we do not intercede. If once the burden and pressure come upon us and we are not in the worshipping attitude, it will produce not only hardness toward God but despair in our own souls" ~ Oswald Chambers

Be ready, stay in Him by reading his word and praying, seek him daily. Paul said he had to die daily and renew daily. Try that.

So when I get burdened, I am reminded of God's love, and sovereignty and sometimes I just have to sit as his feet...... try it.

Go to Him today, give all to HIM !




No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcoming in 2023 Embracing the Patchwork Quilt

I clearly remember my Nanny telling me about the quilt she had for me. She explained how they would save their old dresses and cut it up int...