Monday, June 17, 2013

On Mission

With my job in the hospital, I often meet all types of people, patients, and other staff come around and the topic comes up about me moving. Then they start asking questions about my move. I tell them we are starting a church in Saint Petersburg and they give me the oddest look. I realize some people cannot fathom the faith it takes to start a church, or go into the mission field, but I usually leave the conversation feeling foolish.( A feeling I am sure Satan wants me to feel)  Maybe I am not wording things right and should just say "we are moving to do missions in Florida"...haha....
     I find it interesting as well how it is really more acceptable to be going to do foreign mission than to actually be doing missions right here in the USA, because that is what were are going to be doing. Of course establishing a church as well, but if you have read the book of Acts that's what Paul was doing, preaching, healing, meeting people, establishing relationships and starting churches.
   When I think of Jesus and the Great Commission, he commanded us to go out.... and there is such a great need right here in the US as well as overseas. So at the end of the day, I claim my faith and the trust found in Jesus Christ and know what we are doing is not of ourselves. I know there is a need and I know that Christ will be right there with us cheering us on!!


Matthew 28:18-20 
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcoming in 2023 Embracing the Patchwork Quilt

I clearly remember my Nanny telling me about the quilt she had for me. She explained how they would save their old dresses and cut it up int...