Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Not Good enough


I woke up feeling slightly oppressed and questioning “am I good enough” 
Am I pouring into people like I should be, 
Am I living as holy as I should be
Am I loving like I should 
Am I the mother and wife that I should be 
Am I the daughter and sister that I should be

After all those questions, I came up short. I came up short in every category 

Why do we come up short? Why do we as Christians always come up short? 
I am reminded of the other blog I wrote about "Fighting an image", though a true Christian will try and work hard at being Christ like, we often fail and the world around us sees it. Whether it's small or big, they look for excuses to prove that we are no better than them.   I am reminded that my sin or short comings are covered by the blood of my Lord and Savior and the world hated him then, just as they do now. Things are really different, times are different, but's it's all the same, just as the Bible predicted over and over that it would be. IT's not popular to be a Christian and never will be. 

A true Christian is striving to be Christ like so we are reminded when we mess up. Whether we are reminded by others through reproof or through the nudging of the Holy Spirit, A Christian will evaluate self and turn or try to correct the problem, striving to be Christlike,
 but we will never be perfect until we make it to heaven. 

I woke up feeling inadequate because I am inadequate, I am completely inadequate in my own strength.
 I prayed this morning and God reminded me of a few things, including my purpose.  He reminded me that I can do all things through him(Phil 4:13) and the key there is through him, in that I must include him and how do I include him? 
I include him by praying, seeking, reading his word, 
He reminded me that I am His and I need to lift up my head and go forward, continually striving 

I serve an amazing God and I am so thankful to be his. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcoming in 2023 Embracing the Patchwork Quilt

I clearly remember my Nanny telling me about the quilt she had for me. She explained how they would save their old dresses and cut it up int...